TALKING NOTE BY SEPERATUS FELLA, SECRETARY ANT-TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS SECRETARIET, THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS TANZANIA, ON THE TRAINING OF THE NATIONAL STAKEHOLDERS ON TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS , COLASIUM HOTEL, DAR ES SALAAM 15TH MAY, 2017
HOUNAROUBLE CHAIRMAN ANTI-TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS – MR. MAGERE
THE DELEGATION FROM SADC SECRETARIAT
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
It gives me a great pleasure to welcome all of you this morning to the training of the National Stakeholders on Trafficking in Persons.
I wish to extend a warm welcome to our fellow delegates from SADC Secretariat. I do hope you will take time to enjoy fascinating Tanzania, with its tropical setting, friendly people and multicultural cuisine.
On behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania, I would like sincerely to thank the sponsors of this training SADC Secretariat for funding this five (5) days program.
This program has been designed to train 30 participants, the stakeholders who have been fighting and combating against TIP, including Law enforcers, some of ATC members, government officials and some members from NGO’s,
- The essence of this training is to build the capacity of participants in preventing and combating trafficking in persons in their work environment and society as a whole.
Participants to this training program will learn some of the key control issues on trafficking in persons. Generally areas to be covered are as follows;
- International, Regional & National response to trafficking in persons
- Tanzania’s Legislative response on trafficking in persons
- Investigative methods
- Regional database, research and coordination
- Victims and survivors of trafficking in persons
- National coordination mechanism
It’s my hope that, the facilitators will elaborate more about this training program
As I mentioned early, this training program is for 5 days and the main aim is to strengthen the stakeholders personnel’s capacity to carry out struggle against trafficking in persons in the communities and societies of Tanzania as well as at regional and international level. Therefore the module will lay down the basis of entire training program, by providing space for participants to clearly understand definitions, concepts and strategies; and play their role in combating trafficking in persons in Tanzania and globally.
The anti-trafficking in persons Secretariat here in Tanzania expecting that, at the end of this training participant will have:
- Clear understanding on the definition, concept, and patterns of trafficking in persons and apply the knowledge in preventing and combating Trafficking in persons
- Participant will be able to determine their knowledge on trafficking in persons and related Concepts and share their experiences on trafficking in persons
- Participants will be able to know the purpose scope and application of other significant international instruments relating to TIP
- Participants will be able to apply the international Legal framework(Normative framework) to combat trafficking in persons and protect the right of victim of trafficking in persons
Finally I would have to say that, We participants as stakeholders; we have been trusted by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania and public in general to fight and combating TIP. Let us use this training seriously to acquire a knowledge that will enable us to perform our duties smoothly in order to achieve our goal of fighting and combating TIP a crime that can destroy human life and violating basic human rights. Hence during this training program we should have to be good listener, ask question, sharing experience and participate fully.
Thanks for listening.
Thanks the sponsors of this training SADC Secretariat.